Thursday, June 26, 2008

Thursday June 26th


Early this morning my Grandpa Polsinelli suffered two heart attacks and is barely alive. Both of his kidneys have shut down and he has had some extensive brain damage. He is off the ventilator and barely breathing on his own. The family has asked for him not to be resuscitated when his heart stops again. He will not be alive when the weekend ends. I do not ask any of you to pray for him to get better. He is beyond that. But i do ask you to please pray for his soul. Grandpa was far from a perfect man and perfect husband. I lived with this man for about 10 years of my life and i look back fondly of him. As a child i was scared of him. He was loud and we always seemed to have to walk on eggshells around him. But as i got older, I learned a lot from that man and he treated me very well. After high school, he would take me every morning to my job during the week because i did not have a car. He would slip me $20 bucks so i would have some extra spending money, and he always treated me like a man. I loved that man.

I have been fortunate that I have come from a healthy and lucky family. I am 34 years old and have yet to lose any one close to me. All of my Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, Parents, Brothers, Sisters and First Cousins are all currently alive. I am very blessed and thankful.

Rachel got to meet her great grandfather for a brief 10 minutes back in May. I am submitting a picture of the two of them together.

Again, please don't feel sorry for my grandfather or family. We are all coping and have had time to come to terms. He has been extremely sick for weeks. I just ask for you to pray to God for his soul and the Lords forgiveness.

No comments: